Sign in to follow this  

AI aircraft where are they?

I know this has been bought up before. I have been flying and taking of from airports all over the place, and see hardly any AI aircraft at all, either in the skies, or taking off.Is it because you need to download 3rd party aircraft, and the more you have the more AI aircraft you will see?Since I have my new computer, I built on my computer course at home now have got back into FS2002, and with my new computer things run a hell of a lot better, and it seems to like XP the best?Also does XP cause any troubles with 3rd party aircraft?The ATC slider at the moment is set at 33, so do I need to set it a lot higher with AI aircraft to be able to see them?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

HiYou need to get traffic tools and study it , this will allow you to add many more AI aircraft.Set slider to 100 and you should see much more default ai traffic.visit www.projectai.com the whole site is dedicated to AI.Sun

D:33% is a bit low for an AI setting. You can move it to 100% just to make sure they're out there, but your frame rates will take a significant hit, depending on the type of planes you have added as AI. Project AI and FS Painter aircraft work best, as you may already know. I set my AI at around 66% for best performance on my system, which is a slower one thatn yours, so try 75% or there abouts.One other thing: I have found that a lot of AI aircraft did not show up in my FS 2K2 until I replaced the included air with one from an aircraft I knew to work in the sim. Then ALL of my AI aircraft appeared, and this technique has worked perfectly for me ever since. I always replace the airfile included with the AI plane.Good Luck,Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

hi you might be better off with MYtraffic.its payware ,but does all the hard work for you.great program and easy to use. best wishes steve ps...no connection at all to MYTRAFFIC...just like it.