Hi,I need some help.I chanced my graphiccard driver nvidia to the latest of www.guru3d.comNow my FS9 doesnt load any more. I see the start screen and than it drops back to desktop. No error message, nothin!I even erased the program entry within my registry and reinstalled FS9, after I renamed the old directory to .../fs9-old.So, did this happen to anyone here already? Can someone tell me how to get FS9 back to work?

Guest allcott

Can you be more specific. Which driver did you install - as in version number?Also, check the threads in this forum. There was a recent beta driver that simply does not work with FS. If you've got that version, that will explain it. And we do have a hardware forum you know :)Allcott

6562 beta I installed. Works good but aint with fs9.Well, I installed dx9c as well, but NOT SP2

Guest Philip Olson

You may do well to uninstall the new driver and try installing another one. Not every new driver that is released is going to make things work better for everyone, sometimes it makes things worse. Chances are if you try another one you will be able to use FS9 again. Don't ask me to explain why exactly this happens but I think that more often than not it is an incompatability with motherboard drivers or some other device on your system. There are just far too many different systems out there for anyone to test for complete compatability. Good luck!!!!!Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Well, thanx a lot.Will the chance be good with the latest official driver original from NVIDIA?

Guest daveg4otu

The 6220 and 6177 versions work well. Dave

Guest Philip Olson

Yes, you should be ok with the latest official driver file (probably). Most of the time things work out fine when upgrading your driver files but every once in a while there is a problem. If for some reason the latest official file does not work then I would work back to something like the 59.xx series or even older and then work forward again to see where the actual sweet spot is. Usually one driver will provide better performance and/or quality than any of the others for your card and some people just stay with one driver once they find once that makes them happy. Others update at every chance they get, it is up to you how much work you would like to put into it but either way watch your performance after updating the drivers and if it goes down then you may want to go back to another driver. I hope that I did not give you too much information here and hopefully I helped you.Take care,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

While I agrre with the others about going back to an 'official' driver Torben, FYI I am running those 65.62 drivers on my GF4 Ti4800SE card without a problem although I am still on DX9.0b, I have not installed the latest DX version.

I get terrible stutters and poor performance with my 6800 ULTRA and 61.77 drivers. Actually worse or no better than my former Barton and 9800 PRO setup?Don

Guys,I installed the latest from nvidia. Now all works perfectly well!!!