Sign in to follow this  
Peter Clark

Dual video cards (SLI)?

Anyone have any thoughts on what the effect of a new AMD FX-55 with dual 6800GT video card systems would be on FS? Or is it still so processor locked that having the dual video card setup won't really help much?TIA.P

Depends on your settings. You can tax your video card quite well if you want to. Good idea is to get stereo3d glasses and then run at as high res your monitor can support with max aniso and aa with optimizations off. Though not sure those video cards would be able to handle that.Though you would probably be better off with a MP setup (if FS 2004 supports it don

Guest kilo_sierra17

SLI is useless for FS, however as you can see from THG, it helps many other games, so it depends how much you play other games on whether or not its worth it.

Guest kittie

Hi All and Happy New Year!Right now I'm running a X800pro that powers two Sony 20" monitors. When I'm simming, I run with my main monitor as the cockpit view and second monitor for my ATC and my GPS and Weather Air Source etc. There isn't much of a frame loss or gain by using this second monitor with one video card. To loss is when you use these things period. I believe that it would be a waste of money running two VERY expensive cards. I'd rather spend the money shopping!Just my thoughts.HuggsKittiex:)~ This system is: AMD 64 3500+ 939 ASUS A8V Deluxe with wifi GCorsair TwinX1024 3200 XL Pro 2 36gig W.D. Raptor drives in Raid256 X800 ProSound Blaster Audigy 2 ZSWindow xp homeAntec True power 550wThermaltake Premier V5000A caseCH USB Yoke and Rudder Pedals