Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

DF 737 and emergencies

Guest Lobaeux4

Flying in the DF/Ariane 737 tonite, had an electrical bus failure thanks to FSMaintenance. All electrics went out, 'course this happens as I'm on the VOR-A to Mazatlan. Everything was going to work out fine, VMC conditions, but the gear would not come down. Is there an alternate means of lowering the gear on the DF737? I ended up flaps to 40, landed, on centerline, just shy of a stall, but MSFS had me as a crash and FSMaintenance called it a disaster (which of course it was). If I could've just gotten the gear down, everything would've worked out all right.Lobaeux

Try ctrl-g many times to manually pump the landing gear down. If there's no electrics to light the lights, better switch to spot view when you do this so you know when they're fully extended... :)

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

>Try ctrl-g many times to manually pump the landing gear >down. If there's no electrics to light the lights, better >switch to spot view when you do this so you know when >they're fully extended... :) I remember when I had an problem like this during an late test run of FSMaintenance. To test how the problems accumulate when maintance is not done on schedule I let the aircraft deteriorate and also was faced with a legless landing. So I came around, manually pumped the gear out and made spectacular superbly controlled, very soft landing (you never know what else is wrong). And while triumphantly rolling to the end of the runway I failed to notice that the brakes were also failed.Still smirking on how skillfully I managed the emergency I lawndarted the triple 7 in the grass at the end of the runway. Had to loan from the build in bank to repair the aircraft for the next flight. But looking back it was one of my best flights in FS2002. It certainly learned me that the flight is not over until you set parking brakes.Mathijs KokLAGO

Guest Lobaeux4

Well, I guess I chalk it up to lack of systems knowledge then. I'll remember the ctrl-g now for sure. It was actually a good flight, was going to fly the VOR and !WHAM!, just everything shut down. Thanks DF for such a great panel and thanks Lago for FS Maintenance.Lobaeux