Sign in to follow this  
Guest Waltm

2 different USB joysticks installed at the same time?

Guest Waltm

I currently use an MS ForceFeedback 2 USB joystick for FS2004. I would like to add a second USB joystick to my system for military sims--a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. I'm assuming this will work fine, i.e., no conflicts between the two joysticks. However, before I went ahead with this I thought I would check with the hardware gurus first. Any thoughts?Thanks!-- WaltFlying FS9.1 at 1600x1200x32Intel Pentium 4 640 HT 3.20GHzWindows XP Pro SP21GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x512M)256MB PCI Express x16 ATI Radeon X850 XT PEDirectX 9.0cViewSonic P95f+ 19 inch Ultrabrite CRT MonitorSound Blaster Audigy2 ZSCreative I-Trigue 2.1 3300 SpeakersMS ForceFeedback 2 joystickWideFS 6.45ActiveSky2004.5 FSUIPC 3.45 RegisteredFS Force 1.02FSNavigator 4.6Active Camera 2004 v2.0LAGO FSE

Not an expert but I would have thought it wouldn't be a problem as long as you can assign buttons and axis to each stick in each game.The only thing to watch out for is that some combat games, I think, automatically detect the first stick and assume that is the only one so the second stick may cause a problem or you may have difficulty assigning actions to the second stick.