Sign in to follow this  

GA maker small airports question

I read the read me again...:) I am trying to make some GA trafic out of several small non tower airports in New England. I am using just the default install of 18 aircraft that come with the program, nothing fancy yet. I have used AFCAD to succesfully place towers and parking spots at all the fields I am wanting traffic at. I then go into GA maker and attempt to input the airport using the _ followed by a three letter identifier. It still says it cannot find the airport. It works fine for any airport with a K or C Icao ident but not the three letter ones. I will atempt one or two more times after reinstalling then just wait and see what others are doing to make it work. Any help is appreciated.Hornit

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Actually you have to manually add the airports to the Airports.txt file. You need Ttools to to Decompress the file. It will decrompress the Flightplans.txt, Planes.txt, and Airports.txt.Your problems are not over yet. Once you do add them, if GA maker has flight plans going to other non Tower airports that are set within the GA program you will have to add Comms to them as well and also add them to the airports.txt file.Its still alot of work getting GA aircraft going even with this program.You can use the collect airports.exe and use that to get a list of all the airports that are not in the airports.txt file. Then cut and past the whole list into the airports.txt file. That way you will have every airport in the sim in the airports.txt file.Only thing is when you use the Collectairports.exe it defaults the list into its own Airports.txt file. You you have to have seperate directories for TTools andGamaker.Good luck.

Ok I do have Ttools and have decompressed the airports, fplans, and Planes.txt. I guess i will have to manually add all the airports I want the traffic to use and add a tower to all of those. is that correct? I saw on another post that the flight plans are not simple out and backs either, they use two or three differing airports so i have to make sure the ones in between are also in the airports list or edit each individual flight plan myself. I could have done that from the start! Seems like a lot of work to get a few aircraft flying around. I may just lump it all at this point. Oh I do have seperate directories for both programs but the install says to put the GA maker exe inside the Ttools folder, so that is what I did.Hornit

The .txt that GAMAKER makes with the flight plans in them also has a list of every airport the flight plan uses at the bottom of the file. Very useful for checking in afcad if they have Comms or not.