Sign in to follow this  
Hornit

MIP Mapping or Not.

I have had FS2002 for about 8 months now on my Dell Deminsion 8200 and I have tried both settings without and with mip mapping. I find the clouds especially Chris Willis fsskyworld look very atmospheric with mip mapping on. I also find the auto gen and other buildings look very smooth and nice. The planes look even better in some respects but not in others. Looking at a plane on the side looks nice. But if you have an angle to it like looking mostly at the cockpit but not as much of the side it will look more blurry.What I am not happy about is the fact the ground looks very blurry in front of the plane. It looks like this in the cockpit mostly. When I spot plane at higher altitudes it looks good, but not close to the ground. City night lights look like a yellow mass instead of lights that should be seperate but are covered over a wide area.Any one else have any opinions about if you should use MIP Mapping or not and why it is used? Let me know.Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have noticed ona lot of aircraft I have to have it turned on to get the light effects at dusk thats the only reason i might turn it on, otherwise I leave it off. I like crisp terrain out as far as I can see and crisp textures on my aircraft.Hornit