Sign in to follow this  
ega

Nvidia and LCD screens

I just got a 19" LCD monitor and I use it with an ASUS Nvidia GeForce 6800GT with 128 MB. Yet the letters in screen looks fuzzy - not sharp. I changed monitors, and got same result. Used the monitor in another computer with a ATI 9600 card and everything is OK. My conclusion is that the Nvidia does not fit well with LCD screens. Actually I remember to read somewhere something concerning this issue.Is that correct? Is there anything I can do to improve the quality of (mainly) the text in my LCD screen? I believe this is not a driver issue (tried last two drivers - currently is 81.94) or refresh rate or resolution.My system is a PIV 3.2 GHz, ASUS board, 1 GB memory, WinXP with SP2.Thanks in advance!Edmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

well i used to run a 19" CRT and a 15" VGA TFT on a G4 ti4600, and now run a 19" CVI TFT analogue with the 15" TFT on a 6600GT. the image on both the digital and analogue flat screen displays is sharp as a knife. I guess you are running the monitor at the correct resolution and refresh rate? not doing so could cause what you describe.

Hi Bruce,Many thanks for your repply. Yes, I am sure it is not a refresh/resolution issue. I used two different monitors with similar results. The one I use now is a Hyundai 90LD+ (with excellent reviews) but even so the image is away far from acceptable.BestEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

Guest allcott

You needa DVI-I input to get the best from a LCD and a modern graphics card. If you're using an older VGA connector that might explain it. Allcott

Guest Calb

Until last evening, I've been using a NEC MultiSync LCD 1830 for almost 4 years. I've used it with 3 different machines -- all had nVidia based video cards. The current one is an ASUS FX 5200. All have been sharp as a knife.Last night I brought home a Samsung 193p 19" LCD to be used with the new AMD64 4000+ (ASUS 6800GT) I have on order. Same thing. It, too, is nice and sharp with the FX5200.The NEC has only analog (VGA) input - the Samsung has both. I'll have to read up to see if there enough benefit to warrant switching to DVI which would require me to go out and buy the DVI cable.Cal (CYXX)

Guest boeing717heavy

I have the same problem with an nVidia graphics card. I have nVidia Geforce MX 4000 128MB PCI to replace the old Intel extreme graphics 82845G card. With the old card, i had a 17" LCD monitor attatched, and the text was clear. I installed my new card, and FS2004 runs slower in FPS, and the text is fuzzy. I got at least 25 FPS before and now i get 10-15 on a good day with low scenery. I dont know why my old one runs faster, as it is only 64MB, and integrated.