Sign in to follow this  
Guest ha5mvo

AFCAD Question

OK, I have just installed three overlays for Toronto CYYZ.Now I have 3 airports instead of 1. They are CYYZ, 2YYZ and 3YYZ.Will AI use the new facilities in the new overlays automatically of do I have to somehow make alterations to the AI flightplans first?Thanks!John-Paul

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

you have to make changes to the flightplans.using TrafficTools you can edit the flightplan.txt file and set up your airport as you wish. generally what i like to do is have the hub carrier fly into the 2XXX or 3XXX airport. that way, i wont have to change every flightplan that i download from that point on for that airport.also....projectai has alot of helpful tutorials on everything. www.projectai.comchris

you will need to assign aircraft to fly to "airports" 2yyz & 3yyz which are sections of pearson Intl. Right now all the traffic is concentrated in that part of the airport defined as cyyz.you should use a traffic handling program (AITM is IMO an excellent choice) and spread the traffic to 2yyz and 3yyz according to whatever you want to see in these parts of the airport.You can, alternatively, create a RadiusAfcad file which is a bit more tedious to make but IMHO if a far more elegant way to assign particular airlines to specific terminals or gates.Hope that helpsHA5