Sign in to follow this  

I was just wondering what the general consensus of opinion was on whether mice or trackballs are considered more precise when using FS and which most simmers prefer? I've seen pretty fancy & pricey mice out there that claim to be for 'gaming'. I, personally, have always used a trackball.Thanks,Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I have had a trackball for a while and found it easier to handle and more precise than a mouse, especially for mouse-driven strategy games. I would not recommend either for flight simming. A $20 joystick will get you more realistic aileron, rudder and elevator movements than any mouse/trackball.Pat

Guest VenDexter

I have used trackballs for several years now. They are certainly more ergonomic in that there is no strain on your wrist, elbow, or shoulder when they are placed and used properly.As far as controlling an aircraft in FS2004, never even tried using the trackball so I couldn't offer any input there but for general use you can't go wrong.I use a Logitech trackball and think it is great:http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products...,CONTENTID=5006