Sign in to follow this  

Since nobody cared to help...

To hell with you all. I asked a simple question and, apparently, since it was "below your level" I got nothing. Why didn't you mention this was for the elite and not us newbies trying to figure stuff out? Thanks a bunch, guys...you could of at least LOOKED at my question.Don't worry about it, I'm outta here. I'm sure there are other groups who welcome users with questions. FUFANM.

Speaking personally, I didn't find the question at all simple. I didn't know the answer to it which is why I didn't reply. Why the forum software here is registering 0 views I don't know. I for one definitely looked at it the same day it was posted.

Guest captbulldog

There are problems with the forum, making the "view" numbers unreliable. I thought we were supposed to be going to dcforum+?

I haven't (at this stage) got a clue as to what he is talking about -- but, with an attitude like that, I don't intend to find out.Barry

prowler,There are many reasons a post might go unnoticed here. You have to learn to be patient, but I know that it can be frustrating when you need answers and don't get them. It has happened to everyone here at least once, and I have been a forum member since August of 2000 (old forums "rog182") so I know what I'm talking about. Always keep in mind that sometimes the forum is inundated with posts, and at that time any post can be swept off the front page before it gets good exposure. In this case you would need to wait a day and then "bump" your own post back to the top. This is done simply by replying to your own post. I will do this for you so you can see what I mean.Sometimes you will need to re-word your post, as others may not understand what you meant, or they may be confused by your post.Sometimes you just need to be persistent. It may take some time and effort to get the answer you need.Most of all, be patient and courteous, and you will eventually receive the help that you desire.Good Luck,Roger

The "attitude" came after many days of ignorance by you, Barry. THAT's where the attitude came from.

I got zero responses...there are NO reasons I can think of for that. Not a problem. There is the Elite and there is the newbies. We newbies know where we stand. We'll figure it out. Thanks for your help.

Figure it out...just as I will "figure out" my FS2002P probs elsewhere.

Guest Twister

Prowler,I hesitated a lot before deciding to reply.Indeed, you ARE below our level !Just who the hell do you think you are for insulting the entire forum in such a manner ?If a forum member knows the answer and feels he wants to contribute, fine - but there's no obligation to reply to your posts whatsoever !My advice: take a cold shower and think twice before posting your offending thoughts here.All the bestTwister

I "insulted" you?? I got nothing from you! Everyone else got responses for the most mundane questions. I ask and I get squat. Don't talk to me about "patience"...I watched EVERYBODY elses posts viewed and answered while I fought with this damn MSFS2002Pro for a week!. Screw it...I'm unloading this hog and going back to 2K...at least all my adv's work. If YOU guys have a problem with your message board, then it behooves YOU guys to note it. My "impatience" and "attitude" derives from YOUR inability to run a board. If I had KNOWN you were having a problem running your board I would certainly have looked elsewhere for my answers. I was under the impression you were the "masters"...I stand corrected. I fly anyway.

Prowler,I fear that you are taking this way too personally. It has only been three days since you posted your question. In time, you will see that not all the questions put forth get answered in an hour.These forums are one of the best places to get help, but you need to calm down and edit your previous posts as they will only get you banned.Good Luck,Roger

Roger, you are probably right. I suppose I laid too much faith in the infalability of the experts...and I have always considered this group to be that...the experts. I will apologize for my previous posts...y'all didn't deserve that at all...I thought I was being ignored as some type of idiot when, in truth, it seems an Internet problem had occured. I can spout you excuses as a new XP user...but I won't....none of you deserved my rage (and rage it was!). I will say that I just about had W98 figured out...what...5 years too late? I was ###### at XP, needed serious help with 2002P and let it get to me. I was wrong and apologize to everyone here, in these groups. I hope you'll accept this apology. prowler.

Prowler,I think you went over your head for some reason, but nevertheless you did. Using that kind of language does not get you anywhere in life and it surely will not get you anywhere on *any* forum I know of.Please bear in mind when posting in the future that all replies to questions posted on this forum are voluntary replies. Nobody has the right to be replied to, but generally people will, provided they know the answer or have an idea about the answer and the question was posted politely.Please remember that the people that do reply here or on any other public forum are volunteers and they don't get paid for it.If you are looking for professionals to reply to your request write to Microsoft because your problem is MS XP and FS2002Pro related.I have read both your original post as well as this one, including your apology, and I must say I was very offended by your "general" attack of each and everyone that is using and contributing these boards.Your post was offensive and totaly contrary to the rules set by AVSIM, the provider of this service. I would suggest you read up on the rules, which can be found on the site, to avoid anything even remotely like this in the future so you will have a chance to get your questions answered.I am not trying to lecture you but am merely pointing out the above mentioned things to help you to get more out of your sim experience with AVSIM and other Flightsimulation related websites in the future.Happy flyingRalph HummelStaff ReviewerAVSIM Online