Sign in to follow this  

Active Camera Pro update - any suggestions ?

Great add-on, go on!!!! :-jumpyMy suggestion: A head latency variation that DOES NOT bank the head but moves eye point left-right up down. I'm trying to give you an idea of how is to simulate head movement when in turbelence if this seems realistic to you.Thanks againSamuel Kalachoras :-waveAthensGreece

Sam. 

Waiting for the 64-bit PSION Flightsim for ZX-Spectrum ////

Guest Wayne Smith

Great program!! As Public Affairs Officer for Metro Helicopters, I have been using Active Camera extensively to take screenshots of our aircraft! It's also fun to be able to "get out" of the helicopter and walk around Metro Headquarters, or other airports and heliports! I also made some great internal screenshots from one of the passenger seats while flying in one of Metro's Dauphins yesterday!I was wondering if the "weird graphics problem" that you mention in your original posting refers to the the change in ground scenery colors that happens when in the Active Camera external view, while at some locations. For example, I have found that when taking screenshots at the West 30th Street heliport in Manhattan (one of Metro's custom scenery files) the ground texture across the Hudson River in New Jersey turns light blue, like the color of the sky. See my screenshot as an example.I am using FS2K2 Pro, Active Camera 1.3, heliport scenery is West 30th Street by Adrian Cholmondeley (available on AVSIM), but the problem is not limited to just this location. System is P4 1.4 GHz, 512MB RAM, GeForce TI4600 with 128 MB RAM. The problem appears in both FS2K2 Windowed and full screen mode. I am running 1024X768 32 bit on a primary monitor and 800X600 32 bit on a secondary monitor.Regards,Wayne

Hi guysIm glad to hear that you are preparing another version of Active Camera Pro. Can't wait. )But first thanks for wonderfull soft you so generously give away to FS comunity.My suggestion for you concern a spot view in FS2002.I like to taxi a/c in spot view from behind and in this view camera tries to stay in the same position to a/c quite rigidly. Because of quite poor behaviour of FS on the ground my taxiing often looks like some sort of slalom and when this spot view is trying to keep up with this chaotic movement of mine I am often on the edge of becoming sick. So what is my idea for this spot view? Someting like making this updating of position information of camera in relation to aircraft less frequent (configurable would be nice ) ) and then make it smoothly go to new position behind aircraft ( or wherever the camera is). So let say when aircraft starts to turn off the runway you can see it turn from one spot without changing position and then after a while will cameraa move to a new position behin the aircraft. I hope you got idea what I am traying so say from this poor description I did here, or if yes, if it would be posible to make it. So this is my humle suggestion for you for next improvement of ACP. Once again thanks for great soft and keep up good workBohdan

Excellent news about an update to an already terrific add-on.Just wondered if it would be possible to make head latency and ground turbulence work in 2D cockpit mode?Airdog

Guest cwright

Wayne, I think that's quite typical. In fact sometimes the problems I see are far worse, particularly if the terrain isn't flat. It's a problem with FS and not primarily ACP. But if the guys can come up with a solution that would be fantastic, as it's a particularly nice feature. Best regards, Chris

Guest cwright

Serge and Guillaume, that's great! I just had another idea about spot view. Spot views tend to be static. Some sims such as IL-2 and CFS3 are particularly bad, as it looks as if the plane is glued to the screen (they took slow transitions and turbulence out of CFS3). At least FS has slow transitions, which helps a bit. My suggestion: By adding movement to the camera, simulate a real spot aircaft flying in formation. Several things spring to mind:1. Add gradual up/down motion to simulate the effect of turbulence etc The effect could be dependent on the current turbulence setting.2. Let the position constantly deviate somewhat from the assigned position to simulate the spot plane pilot trying to keep in formation - but not being completely successful!3. Let the point of view deviate a little to simulate the camera not being perfectly aligned on the plane's centre. I think one reason why spot views tend to look 'dead' is that the computer always has the camera pointed perfectly at the plane's geometrical centre, something that can't happen in the real world. It would be nice if the strength of this spot plane movement effect could be configurable. Hopefully this would be fairly easy to do and it would certainly help to bring boring spot views to life! Many thanks for listening. Best regards, Chris

I have an Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!How about a constant circular ossilation fo us helicopter pilots??? You know, to simulate the circular vibrations helicopters have due to imperfections in the rotor. That would be REALLY cool :)