Sign in to follow this  
Guest SilverCircle

(Inofficial) Intel CPU roadmap - higher clock speeds fo...

Guest SilverCircle

This has been posted on a german IT news site. They are usually well-informed and are considered the #1 source for it professionals in german speaking countries.The information is not official and not confirmed by Intel officially, but it seems that we'll have to wait at least half a year from now until the clock speeds for the core 2 processors will rise significantly. The new (still speculative) Core 2 Duos will run at FSB1366, resulting in up to 3 GHz internal clock speed.According to the article, the E6600 and 6700 will remain the fastest Intel dualcore CPUs until then. Only the (much more expensive) Core 2 extreme *may* appear in a faster version earlier.The quadcore roadmap remains unchanged. The Kentsfield chip should be available early next year at 2.4 GHz (1066 FSB). But that isn't of much interest for us simmers.Source: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/82823 (in german).

Just to let you know, the Quad cores are already available! The QX6700. Atleast 2 simmers have posted they have 1 and I know Gateway is selling them also, which I'm sure Dell is. They probably mean it won't be available in Europe until then!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest SilverCircle

>Just to let you know, the Quad cores are already available!>The QX6700. Atleast 2 simmers have posted they have 1 and I>know Gateway is selling them also, which I'm sure Dell is.>They probably mean it won't be available in Europe untilYes, but that's also the "extreme" edition and this one is available over here aswell (but the price tag is also "extreme" - up to 1000

Guest fatboysim

The Core2Duo running at >1066FSB are already here. I run my E6400 at 425Mhz which gives 1700FSB and 3.4 Ghz. It would be interesting to understand if these "new" chips can run at 3Ghz on 1.325V and still give room for overclocking. Or it is just the existing packages running with the bearlake chipset?