Hello, I am thinking of purchasing a new computer just for FS2004 and I would like to know if the spec's below will give me fluid performance during all aspects of flight with todays addons because my old Dell is far below standard. For example on approach to LAX with Ultimate Traffic,Cloud9 LAX and PMDG 737 I will get 5-17FPS I would like to move up and I was wondering if this would do the trick.ThanksASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition CPU AMD Athlon 64 (AM2) x2 4200+ Ram 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR2-800 1024MB Video Card Asus GeForce 7950GT 512MB

Did you consider Intel Core 2 Duos?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

yeah thats my other problem which one rains supreme with FS Products AMD or Intel and I am willing to go either way

While that system may be adequate for FS2004, if you ever want to move to FSX it will need more! So unless your prepared to upgrade your system again at that time, if you can aford it, I say go for the Core Duo or Quad duo's (Not for FS as FS won't take advantage of the extra cores, but you may have an application, now or in the future that does.) now as you may need it's power in the near future. Right now these are the fastest systems on the market. Even utilizing a single core, they are faster then any single core processor out there, including my P4 3.8 Ghz system, due to their more efficient design. Plus they are very over clockable, if you are into that kind of thing! Even with a core duo, which I have an E6700, FSX will require some tinkering and tweaking to run well, but the results are worth it! FS2004 runs well right out of the box also with it.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d