Sign in to follow this  
Cpudan80

Memory?

Just got a new Dell 4550 2.66 ATI 9700 256 ddr 333 ram. Frame rates are good but get some hanging and stuttering around airports I put in some memory 256 ddr but dosent seem much better.I read someware that you should only use Dell memory so I bought 512ddr 333 from them to go with my 256. Will the Dell memory really be better ? hope so Comments please Thanks Moq

Guest GiZBUG

Dell doesn't make memory. What kind of memory do you have?Micron ram?What are the specs on the ram? I have 1 GB of Ram, and still is still slow downs in FPS over say dense populated airports.

Yes, extra memory will help but as GizBUG says your FPS will always drop around dense airports... As for the Dell memory thing Dell sells memory they know will work with their systems, so you can buy their "Dell" memory and put it in and not void your warranty. However, their memory is no different from anything else in reality... (except it costs twice as much...)Cpudan80 :) :+