Sign in to follow this  

Well I finally built my new system and also purchased the Matrox TH2G to accompany my new 8800GTS card. Since it was a new system, I decided to try Vista Ultimate. After loading up the latest version of the software from the Matrox site (Matrox Powerdesk) that is supposed to include Vista support I noticed a couple of things...1. My IE will not run (except if I run it in "admin" mode).2. If I maximize IE is spans all 3 monitors (under XP it only maximized on the monitor it was maximized in).3. At bootup, the Vista logon screen is larger than the center montior and spans into the left and right one (under XP it only appeared on the center display).I am running the latest nVidia drivers (100.65 I believe is the version). Are there any special tricks to getting the TH2G setup on Vista that I may have missed?Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Dont know about 1) although when I had Vista RC1 installed without Power Desk it worked okay.2)This should be tweakable on the Power Desk. It is possible in Xp to set it to fit to one monitor.3)Yes, I remember this on RC1. On my XP the log in screen spans all three monitors then jumps to the left hand one when I log in. The previous release of Power Desk did not do that although it always spans three monitors.Not much help. Sorry.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Hi Howard,Thanks for the reply. I did find the settings in Power Desk to maximize within the same monitor... but that only works if Power Desk is running. So, for now, I will have to remember to start IE by right clicking and choosing admin mode... and hope for some patch to help this issue in the future.Next step will be to install FS2004 and see it in the triple view. Then once that is running, I will then try out FSX.May also need to change cases for the new system... it is running a little warmer than I would like.Thanks!

First off make sure that powerdesk is installed and loaded on your taskbar to center ie in the center monitor then go to your services control panel and disable the matrox centering service as it causes all kinds of issues with putting boxes in the wrong windows. The login graphic takes up all of the center monitor and parts of the left and right by default and there is no way to change that short of manually resizing the image which I have not tried yet. It is on my list of things to do but honestly doesnt bother me. I have found that the new vista software works better than the xp software does. For some reason in xp, powerdesk only loads at startup maybe half the time for me and i have to manually load it after i have logged in.FYI, My cpu runs 10C hotter in vista at idle than it does in xp. There is that much difference in cpu cycles between the two!________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup