Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

Download Problem - Gozilla

Guest japangg

Dear colleagues,I noticed that I cannot download files from AVSIM library since last Saturday. I use Gozilla v3.5, and Zone Alarm Pro (personal edition) v3.7.098. When I downloaded the file, Gozilla showed the usual progress message (connecting to bla..bla..bla..) but then it showed "Negotiationg Transfer" for a very long time with no progress whatsoever.I have followed the instruction in setting the ZAP as indicated in Donwloading FAQ/Help thread.Can anybody help me addressing this problem?Regards,japangg

Last Saturday is approximately when we brought the new server online and moved the library over to it. I suspect your ZoneAlarm hasn't been set to allow for the new IP/URL for that new box. http://library.avsim.net

Guest Matt Johnson

Make sure ZoneAlarm Pro trusts incoming connections from 205.252.89.42. Please also try disabling GoZilla and see if that makes any difference.

Guest japangg

Dear Tom and Matt,Thank you for the quick reply. I have set ZAP so it trusts incoming connection from that IP, but no luck.With regard to disabling Gozilla, how do I do that (I know this is a stupid and idiot question, but seemed that I cannot find how to disable the program).Regards,japangg

Guest japangg

Dear Matt and Tom,Out of curiosity, I tried to download a file from my office computer and I did not encounter at all. I didn't make any changes to the setting. The Download Accelerator Plus I used work perfectly.Regards,japangg

If you leave GoZilla alone (it should normally autostart when you try to download something) but hold down the ALT key as you click the Download button, GoZilla will be inhibited, and you should see the small, grey File Download box instead. Just keep the key pressed until the box appears.Remember that for big downloads the default downloader has no "resume" function.I always use GoZilla when downloading from Avsim and other sites, and have never had any problems. Maybe a reboot might clear things up ?Alastair