Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

ATI Catalyst Control Centre.

Since I installed a newer ATI vid card into my old machine, I had to install the ATI Catalyst Control Centre (as part of the driver installation). This Control panel also requires the Mocrosoft .NET framework to operate. The control centre itself has a very large footprint - much larger that the old Catalyst drivers had - and also I occasionally have problems with the .NET framework When shutting my machine down, I sometimes get an error messsage that says the machine is waiting for some .NET application to close. looking this error message up on the Internet shows that many people have the same problem Also sometimes, when I change a setting in the control panel, it somehow fails to take effect - these past 2 days I have been without AA, but it has now magically taken effect.The point of this post is that I want to build a new machine and want to use an ATI vid card - but not the Catalyst Control Centre. Is the Control Centre "buggy"? Is there another way??Thanks for any helpBarry

Guest TomOOO

I have an ATI GUI and have not installed the catalyst controlcentre for the same reason as you - it is big and takes up resources.I just use the settings - Display - advanced to access tabs for theATI card settings : in particular AA and AF. I don't know if thecontrol centre is buggy, just a bit unnecessary.Tom

Guest RonB49

I have used ATI cards for a number of years now (since my 3Dfx Voodoo became obsolete) and I'm using Omega drivers with the ATI Tray Tools interface. I'm very happy and, if you use the Tray Tools from the desktop, then I don't think any resouces are used unless ATT is launched; so you set it and forget it. R-

>I have used ATI cards for a number of years now (since my>3Dfx Voodoo became obsolete) and I'm using Omega drivers with>the ATI Tray Tools interface. I'm very happy and, if you use>the Tray Tools from the desktop, then I don't think any>resouces are used unless ATT is launched; so you set it and>forget it. R-Ditto! I've been using this combination for a couple of years now through several versions, and I've never had an issue. It's been a long time since there was a CCC on this computer.