Sign in to follow this  
skeurton

Triplehead2go + widescreen + ATI?

hey everyone,my fiancee just got me a new monitor for my birthday, which means i now have three!!! right now, it's just hooked up via a second PCI video card. as you can imagine, this does nothing to help extend the virtual cockpit.so i would like to get the TH2GO. i know that with ATI cards, the max resolution you can get is 2400x600. that kinda blows, but i decided to try FS9 with two monitors spanned to 1600x600 and it wasn't so bad. it's not great, but i can handle it.anyway, i know matrox added widescreen support for the analog version. my question is, does anyone know if these added resolutions will work with ATI cards? or are they still stuck at 2400x600? i was hoping to at least run it at 3840x768 (3 x 1280x768) since i have three 19" widescreens.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/176397.jpg

Guest jimcooper1

The max resolution you can achieve with TH2G0 is 3x1280x1024 ie 3840x1024. Are those monitors Widescreen? TH2Go can only handle 2 x widescreens at native resolution eg 2x1920x1200 or 2x1440x900. You could run all 3 of them at 1280x1024 but that would be sub-optimal because your aspect ratio is 1.6:1 but 1280X1024 is 12.5:1 which is even 'squarer' than normal 4:3 (1.33:1) of 1024x768, 800x600 etc.Unfortunately the TH2G0 is optimized for 19" monitors (1280x1024). It will work with 3 widescreen monitors and look pretty impressive but it is not making best use of your hardware.You could run all 3 in Windowed Mode: placing a Virtual Cockpit on the centre Monitor and then Left-Forward and Right-Forward views on the outside monitors.RegardsJimPS: search for posts by member "January"..he has some good ways of using 3 monitors

Since you've got a 2nd video card, I would recommend this arrangement--2D main panel and View Fwd on centre monitor -View RFWD on right mon with most/all secondary popups opened and arrayed below the view. These can be aligned with the main panel glareshield to effectively extend the instr. panel over two monitors. If it gets crowded, overlay some popups so that an edge of each is always visible to click & bring it to the top. ( I even have both R&L 747 CDUs displayed- very handy to have both route & approach info visible simultaneously!)-View LFwd on the left monitor with possibly Overhead or Com popups and maybe Kneeboard available with a click or key.These triple views give you a 180

For a screenshot to illustrate the potential of triple monitors & a 180

thanks for all the help, guys. i played around with this setup for a while and it started giving me headaches. fortunately, i got another little gadget for my birthday... a TH2GO!!! i also went ahead and bought an nvidia 7800GS agp card since ati cards don't work too well with the TH2GO. it's kind of a shame since i've always been an ati user, but i want this to work.since the three monitors i have are 19" widescreens, i'm going to use the TH2GO Mode Expander Tool. it's described on the matrox site as:"The TripleHead2Go Mode Expander Tool (TMET)1 is a little software applet that enables support for extra resolutions (beyond the 4 native modes that come with the TripleHead2Go), such as triple widescreen support, dual resolution support and a higher refresh rate for CRT users."this will allow me to at least run things at triple 1280x768, which is the closest i'll get to the native 16:10, 1440x900 resolution.

I've never had a headache problem with triple monitor/triple views & a 180

Guest Flybyme

Ciao,I'm going to upgrade my pc with a quad core and 8800gtx 720Mb...I now use a 19" Sony 1280x1024....I'm getting the TrackIR so thought would have been nice going also for a TH2GO...Now, I don't get the question....wich monitors and with wich resolutions I should get to have a 180

Paco- This is in regard to using three monitors, each showing a different view- LFwd,Fwd,RFwd - giving a total field of view of 180

Paco,here are a couple links that describe the TH2GO and their resolutions. keep in mind, there are two version of the TH2GO out right now: analog and digital.analog:http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/prod.../th2go/home.phpdigital:http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/prod...igital/home.phpbasically, the highest resolution you can get is 3840x1024 (triple 1280x1024). but nVidia cards seem to be the only ones that seem to support this. basically, if you have an ATI card, the best you can do is 2400x600 (triple 800x600). but i hear that the new ATI 29xx series cards support the higher resolutions. in my case, i ended up switching to an nVidia card just to use the TH2GO after being a long time ATI user.