Sign in to follow this  

video preferences

ok i have decided to get my new system, by the time i order it the GeForce FX will be out. im getting a dell system but from what i hear dell isnt going back to the nvidia cards. so im going to try and contact theyre sales team and see if they really will be adding the NV30's or not. if theyre not then ill probably go with another card selection. the 9700 pro i believe is the closest thing to the NV30 at the moment so i may just go with that one.or ill probably go with another dealer. i looked at alienware but they dont have monthly payment plans and thats what im really looking for. anyone have any suggestions?btw for those whod like to get theyre hands on the GeForce FX http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/reviews/info.php?code=GG2765looks like they ship the day after my birthday :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just to be aware with what Ive read about the GeforceFX is that the cooling on it is pretty big and might take up the space that would normally fit a PCI card or two so be warned. Alot of pictures on the web are just of the card with the chip and dont show the cooling that comes with it. So if you are thinking of getting one think also of how many PCI cards youre going to have as if you have too many then you might not be able to fit them in as the cooling fan will be in the way.Craig Kiltie

yeah i saw that over at the dell forum. it actually takes up two slots

""but from what i hear dell isnt going back to the nvidia cards""Where'd you hear that?? What other budget card would they use??""i looked at alienware but they dont have monthly payment plans""No computer company that I know of has monthly payment plans. Dell will set you up with a lease; but that's a poor way to finance. You might try a bank as that's the only place that provides monthly payment plans. What is the pound/dollar exchange rate these days??

"Where'd you hear that?? What other budget card would they use??"someone posted it on the dell forum. whether its fact or not i dont know."No computer company that I know of has monthly payment plans. Dell will set you up with a lease; but that's a poor way to finance. You might try a bank as that's the only place that provides monthly payment plans."yeah thats what im looking for. leasing options. unless the banks are crazy enough to loan me money..lol. i work but have nothing saved in the bank at the moment. hopefully put some in this weekMe: hi i need a loan for a new computerBank: ok. how much do you have in your bank accountMe: $.00Bank: errr.. come back when you have more..lol