Sign in to follow this  
january

Removing Virtual Artifacts from 2D Views

Does anyone know how to remove Virtual elements such as Window Frames, Glareshield & panel from 2D views LFWD & RFWD? (Somewhere in Panel Config?)All I want is the pure 2D VIEW ONLY - to display on monitors #2,3 (plus a few undocked/dragged popups).I'm pretty sure these virtual elements hurt FPS. Don't know why designers persist in this practice- if I wanted a Virtual View I would specify it!! Not only that, but when you adjust the View Angles to synch the three views, the virtual elements don't even mate with each other across the views. Makes my Christmas Pilatus not very usable with multi monitors! And it showed so much promise.Alex Reid

Hi Alex,You have to remove the virtual cockpit with a hex editor. This will clear up your side views. If you need to know how to do it, do a search using "how to remove a virtual cockpit", and you should find a controversial post I wrote a while ago with the details. This is for FS9 only, not sure if it works in FSX, as I only use the VC, and have not tried it there.Bill

Thanks Bill for the heads up re hex editor. While researching your solution, I looked more closely at the Pilatus Config Mgr panel.AHA!! The Delete Virtual Cockpit option takes effect AFTER REBOOTING FS9- not as I had thought after simply rebooting the airplane itself.BINGO- NO MORE Virtual Artifacts in 2D views! And FPS increases smartly!Flight 1- you anticipated me! Thank you. Looking forward to many interesting hours learning how to fly this bird.And yes, her "plumage" looks terrific on triple monitors!Alex Reid

Good lord Boris.... I read most of that discussion. A bunch of self centered idiots IMHO. Whats on my computer belongs to ME and thats that. If someone doesn't like what I do to a file on MY computer,, they can come find me.Thanks for the info.

and this tip works PERFECT. I just doubled my FPS on one of my favorite planes. My Triple monitor setup was taking a huge hit with the VC views on each left and right side.No longer.Thanks again. :)