Sign in to follow this  
Guest Don Stone

Problems Setting Up CH Controls

Guest Don Stone

Hi, I have CH products, ie Flightsim Yoke, Pedals and now a Flightstick Pro (Xmas present). The latter I've set up on a second old pc with FSX because I would like to learn how to fly helicopters (eg, I cannot find out how to program the hat switch and buttons on this either..). However, I've always had no end problems "decyphering" the CH instuctions and getting things set up properly - incidentally I have the CH Manager program but that totally confuses me.....!! Anyway, just thought I'd ask if there are any easy to understand instructions available on the net in this regard.Maybe is just old age and the brain just can't hand this new age stuff :-hmmm Thanks in advance

Hi Don,>> Hi, I have CH products, ie Flightsim Yoke, Pedals and now a Flightstick Pro (Xmas present). The latter I've set up on a second old pc with FSX because I would like to learn how to fly helicopters (eg, I cannot find out how to program the hat switch and buttons on this either..). However, I've always had no end problems "decyphering" the CH instuctions and getting things set up properly - incidentally I have the CH Manager program but that totally confuses me.....!! Anyway, just thought I'd ask if there are any easy to understand instructions available on the net in this regard. <http://www.ch-hangar.combut with FS you can generally just leave the Control Manager in Direct Mode. It gives better calibration (IMHO) and helps get around some problems with the Windows HID implementation, but otherwise it looks like any other controller to FS. FS doesn't "know" the stick, though. There is no entry in the Devices.cfg file for it. In that case, they just make the assignments you'd make for a 4-Axis stick. That actually works okay with the FighterStick, you'll have some inoperative buttons, but you can go into the Flight Sim Control Assignments dialog and move things around, assign the unused buttons, etc. to suit your taste. You only need the programming if you want to do something special, sequences, timers, things like that. With the controls available in FS directly, you can usually get by just using the built-in support and not bothering with a map.Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Guest Don Stone

Gday, Thankyou for your responses, they were greatly appreciated and helpful. Also, I actually found that site, CH.hangar, myself yesterday...what a great site and certainly I picked some very enlightening information. Certainly helped me understand all the technical stuff. I downloaded all the applicable items and have printed your replies so hopefully now it will all come together.Many thanks :-)