Sign in to follow this  
Guest pred02

VIdeo card and Operating System

Guest pred02

Hi,I am going to be upgrading my system primarily for FS9, but also will venture onto FSX in due time given that my system right now is starting to give me hiccups and I am out of disk space (AMD64 4000+, 7800gtx).I will go down the Intel Q6600 path, but would like to know two things:1) Which of the graphics cards would you recommend: 8800GT or 8800GTS? They are about the same price?2) I would prefer to stick with XP, but a lot of people go with Vista. I know that there was XP Pro 64-bit available a few years back. No one talks about it on the forums? Does anyone use this OS and is it recommended?Many thanks!

You will get slightly better performance out of an 8800GTS.Stick with XP or go with Vista 64. XP Pro 64 really was never supported all that well and is pretty much an anomily as OSes go.

>You will get slightly better performance out of an 8800GTS.Out of an 8800 GTS 512, yes, but the 8800 GT beats the 320/640 MB 8800 GTSs.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD