Sign in to follow this  
N562Z

How to utilize downloaded AI aircraft?

I've a question or two about how to utilize AI aircraft. Perusing the libraries, I'm seeing some nice "frame rate friendly" AI models that I would like to substitute for other aircraft in some of my AI flightplans. The readme's I've read so far on the downloaded aircraft show me how to install the aircraft in the aircraft folder, but otherwise assume I know how to utilize them as AI aircraft.Bad assumption! I don't know about the "u" part, but this assumption is making an "#####" out of "me." For instance, one says"1) Just put the 727_100_UPS_AI folder into your aircraft directory and assign the aircraft to some flightplanes and you're on your way."Is "flightplanes" here supposed to be "flightplans?" Assuming it is, how does one do this? I've decompiled and recompiled traffic.bgl enough times with TTools to have some inkling of the structure of a flightplan. I guess my question boils down to not knowing where the AI aircraft name at the start of a flightplan comes from. Is this part of the aircraft.cfg file?TIA for any insight.-Basil

Hi Basil,Maybe a stupid question.But, have you put your new aircraft in the aircraft.txt file what's made by ttools?In these file you see all the aircraft AI is using.The lines look like these.AC#4,430,"Boeing 737-400 Paint1" what means:Aircraftnumber(normally the next availeble number),speed(knots),"aircraft title"(the same as in your aircraft.cfg file).I hope you have enough on this info.Regards,Cees

Basil:As you may now know, and as Cees has pointed out, the key is adding the aircraft entry to the AIRCRAFT.TXT file that gets produced when you DECOMPILE the traffic.bgl with TTOOLS. The easiest thing to do, and one that produces the most instantly visible result, is to replace one of the default airliners with any airliner you want to add to the AI aircraft. So you would not change the aircraft #, just the airspeed and the part in the quotations to reflect the title of the aircraft in it's aircraft.cfg. This way, the flight plans for that aircraft are already entered as defaults in the FLIGHTPLANS.TXT that is also created by the decompiler. For me that was the first step, to replace all of the default LANDMARK and SOAR aircraft with major airline liveries. Don't forget to hit SAVE, then double click the COMPILER to add it to FS 2002.Adding flight plans is a bit more involved, but the basic concept is that the aircraft # of a particular flight plan entry must reflect the aircraft# you have listed in the AIRCRAFT.TXT list. Then you copy and paste the flight plans you want to add into the FLIGHTPLANS text file, hit SAVE, then COMPILE it all by double-clicking on the COMPILER.EXE.....TTOOLS does the rest. Each time you want to change something, DECOMPILE, SAVE, then COMPILE. It's always the same.Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.