Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Flight Simulator 9 and Deciding on AGP Graphics Cards

Hi all,I posted a few days ago about the problem I'm having with my new Nvidia GeForce 7300GT AGP graphics card. This card is not a PCI nor PCI Express. Every time I click with the mouse in flight simulator 9, the screen flickers a couple of times and everything is fine. But it shouldn't do that. I've downloaded the latest drivers and tried another driver and it still does it. I've tried everything I can think of and I'm thinking about taking it back where I bought it and purchase another one. Before downloading a newer driver, this video card would cause flight simulator to hang or lock up. What is it about this video card that causes flight simulator to give problems because my other video card never gave me these kind of problems. Since I'm going to take it back, would any of you suggest a good graphics card that I should purchase that will work very good in flight simulator? I'm running Windows Xp, have 1 gigabyte of ram, and a 2.54GHz processor. Should I purchase another Nvidia video card or should I purchase a Radeon video card? Which AGP video cards would be the best? I know there is the ATI, Nvidia, and the Radeo.

Guest harleyman52

I ran the 5700 ultra for two years and found it to be the best card avaible till the 8 series came out....As far as flickering....Ummmmm....Try reseating card...... reboot...and see...who knows...Sorry...Not me.....

Guest jimcooper1

Which AGP video cards would be the best?If you can find one get an nVidia 7800GS otherwise an ATI X1950If these are outside your price range then an NVidia 7600GT or ATI X1650RegardsJim

Guest Eek

I'm running dual monitors on a 7900GS. I'm very happy with it. Running the 93.82 driver.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9.1 on WinXPPro (SP1)