Sign in to follow this  
hippyonenine

Lesson learnt the hard way!

Hi everyoneJust upgraded to AMD Dual Core and ATI 3850 graphics card and an ASUS motherboard and thought I would be clever and get a very high end CPU namely the 6000+. Expected in my innocence big difference from previous single core spec and actually got a much worse performance than the old system.After couple of weeks frustration read in the ASUS forums that my board did not support the CPU that I purchased as it was only 780g vs the CPU chipset of 790g and the extra power was causing incredible stuttering in all my gamesThis morning bit the bullet and downgraded to the 4200+ and got myself the best results ive ever seen in flightsim!Never expected this to be honest but now very happy with every slider maxed out and high frame rates and no stutteringJohn

Guest JIMJAM

My good freind own a computer store and pushes AMD/ASUS so guess what system I have.At his cost makes the decision easy....I CANNOT use the bios to OC at ALL. If i even look at the memory settings I can lock up my system.The NOS or whatever the Asus Ocing program is can get me into ALOT of trouble.IF I use a prog like Ntune or Nhancer, any card,8800gt OCing I do, first off I cannot really see any improvment and 2nd, I usually either CTD or get wierd graphic glitches.So with stock settings and ZERO ocing, the M2N32/fx-62 dual is stable and fast.I am going with a intel based system next as it appears to be more flexible with guys who like to tinker like me.PS- There is a setting in Bios, forget the name but its some Nvidia acceleration type program, if clicked,on or auto ,causes Major stutters/ctds on fs9/fsx on my system.Also in Nvidia settings, the threaded optimization has to be ON.This is MY system so everyone else may be different.