Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Different CPU Possible any Ideas?

howdy all you wannabe pilots (and some rw ones too) My brother is wanting to buy a Q6600 and I happen to have one that I am using. I was thinking that if I could get better performance out of another CPU I might give him mine and purchase a new one for me. I have the EVGA 680I MOBO any Input on a better CPU would be appreciated!FLY NAVY!!!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>howdy all you wannabe pilots (and some rw ones too) My>brother is wanting to buy a Q6600 and I happen to have one>that I am using. I was thinking that if I could get better>performance out of another CPU I might give him mine and>purchase a new one for me. I have the EVGA 680I MOBO any Input>on a better CPU would be appreciated!>>>FLY NAVY!!!I would look for some reviews on your motherboards to see what CPU's are used.

This, of course, is just my own humble opinion, but the Q6600 is probably about the best processor you can use on your motherboard. If you want to go with a newer processor, especially the 45nm quads, you'd have to look at a newer motherboard...