Sign in to follow this  
spokes2112

HELP! XP SP3, FS9 Need Pro OS dude!

Howdy,I NEED help! Last night I istalled VB 2008 express on my system, it asked if i wanted updates through "Windows Update", the only option I could do is the SP3 for Win XP. Did it. WOW ! My computer runs alot better, processes dropped by 10 ! BUT if I donot have FS then well......???? it. The problem I have is that I would like to keep SP3 ( Why? see my specs.. the 'ol girl is dated ) Now the problem with FS.... It starts and gets to the point I want to fly... cockpit loaded, then between 30 - 90 seconds my whole comp freezes.. EVERYTHING! Clock stopped in the taskbar, no keyboard, mouse but no BSOD etc... Here is what I located. FS hasn't changed since the update.Computer is clean (dust) voltages, temps are all good blah, blah..(MBM5)My first clue is the event viewer ---__________________________________________________________Event Type: WarningEvent Source: PlugPlayManagerEvent Category: NoneEvent ID: 256Date: 7/19/2008Time: 7:48:25 PMUser: N/AComputer: XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXDescription:Timed out sending notification of device interface change to window of "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 - A Century of Flight"UMPNPMGR.DLL VERS. 5.12600.5512Details Product: Windows Operating System ID: 256 Source: PlugPlayManager Version: 5.2 Symbolic Name: WRN_INTERFACE_CHANGE_TIMED_OUT Message: Timed out sending notification of device interface change to window of "%1" Explanation A window was registered for Plug and Play device event notification, but it did not respond to the notification within 30 seconds. While Windows was waiting for the device to respond, Plug and Play stopped responding, which caused performance problems. "NO CRAP!" User Action If performance problems are associated with this event, close any programs that are running at the same time. Currently there are no Microsoft Knowledge Base articles available for this specific error or event message. For information about other support options you can use to find answers online, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx. __________________________________________________________________ Did the following, one at a time in this order...all failed to get FS going. All my other proggy's start and run well. -Used default MS services to run at startup-Started using a clean system - No startup through MSCONFIG-Reinstalled drivers 1 at a time ,sound, video, mouse, DX9c etc..-Did a boootup check of the RAM (floppy) "all circuits good"-Rebuilt FS9.cfg DX Diag tests all good.The next is a question -- Should I ?? And plan..My next step is to replace the SP3 UMPNPMGR.DLL with the previous version. The problem is HOW? I'm thinking to start in command mode ( before WIN starts ) and do it that way using regsvr /u, deleting it and replacing with the older vers and regsvr'ing it. I cannot think of any other way to try it.. Tried many other way's, it's locked/loaded even if PNP service is shutdown and/or in SAFE mode It is tied highly to core WINXP services...Or if you know how to do it ?? or a fix? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE --- I'm in the middle of a great VFR flight!! Need to get home !! LOLRomanProud "TEAM AVSIM" RTW race member.XP Pro, FS9, FR Locked @ 23, AMD 1800+, APIC MProc Mod (24 IRQs), Latency Mods, ECS K7S5a V1.1, 7 fans, 1 gig, 100 & 60 Gig 7200rpm HD, ASUS/NVidia GeForce 64mb AGP on 21", NVidia FX5500 vivo 256mb (CRAP) on 18", Nvidia 93.71s ( The highest can go for the GeForce3 & 5500 combined ), Savage4 32mb on 15", BV services mods. MS Forcefeedback 1.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/190757.jpg

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Yes it does! It confirms the basic theory on how I should go about this.. I must admit though finding info at MS is tough. Believe me I searched for the dll name and never got to that page..Thank-you -- keepin the fingers crossed. RomanProud "TEAM AVSIM" RTW race member.XP Pro, FS9, FR Locked @ 23, AMD 1800+ OCd to 1900+, APIC MProc Mod (24 IRQs), Latency Mods, ECS K7S5a V1.1, 7 fans, 1 gig, 100 & 60 Gig 7200rpm HD, ASUS/NVidia GeForce 64mb AGP on 21", NVidia FX5500 vivo 256mb (CRAP) on 18", Nvidia 93.71s ( The highest can go for the GeForce3 & 5500 combined ), Savage4 32mb on 15", BV services mods.

XP SP3 got uninstalled and FS is back :-) The PNP error above also gets thrown with SP2 and all service packs so I was looking in the wrong place anyway...what a waste of time!Roman