Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest maggit

CH Yoke and Pro Pedals

I just purchased the pro pedals, I've had the yoke for a while. The pedals are extremely sensative and the brakes go on if i touch the pedals at all wihout moving them forward. I tried adjusting sensitivity and all that, calibrating too, but nothing seems to work very well. I installed the ch control manager, which helped calibrate both a little better but now certain axes won't work, like the propr control on the yoke doesn't move the prop control in the sim, i've checked to make sure it was assigned. Does anyone have a good list of settings for each to use or have any ideas of why this is happening?Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Maggit,I'm assuming you're using the Control Manager in Direct Mode, not really running map. Probably you need to set the Null Zone and Sensitivity in FS itself. Find the dialog for doing that, I think it's off the Options menu at that top of the screen. Set the Null Zone sliders all the way left and the Sensitivity sliders all the way to the right. The pedals have the "Reversed" box checked in the FS Assignments dialog and I think that's why maximum Null Zone occurs at full left rather than full right as you'd expect. Once you set the sliders, go back to the FS Control Assignments dialog and find the Toe Brakes. Make sure the "Reversed" boxes are still checked. Sometimes when you play with the Sensitivity they get change, "Reversed" is just negative sensitivity.That usually results in your needing to push the Toe Brakes almost 1/3rd of the way down before the brake light comes on. You can move the activation point closer to the top by pushing the Null Zone sliders to the right a little at a time, if you go too far you'll end up with the stuck brake light again.Anyway, give it a try. It's always worked for me. BTW, if you're using Windows and not the CM calibration, you also have the problem that the Toe Brakes are X and Y and Windows expects them to be centered axes. That's why the light stays on. You end up marking center at minimum at essentially the same point, full up, and Windows scaling can't deal with it. It seems the best way with the Windows drivers is to simply not calibrate the pedals at all. You can click "Reset Defaults" in the Windows calibration system and it will erase the data. There's a problem with center, Windows has never even tried to calibrate the center value on the Rudder axis. If it's very far off then you get a little constant rudder. The CM Calibration does calibrate the center so the problem doesn't exist there.Hope this helps!Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

What Bob says, plus you may want to give FSUIPC (registered) a look for enhancements to calibration in FSX, plus a slew of other nifty things that FSX's internal DirectInput handling doesn't quite know how to do.Cheers,Etienne