Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHRISH

N Hancer

Guest CHRISH

I have recently installed Nhancer and I am totally confused after having Read the Manual three times. I have installed the program but can someone very kindly explain in simple words how I get the program to run. I have no idea what a profile is and what I need to do to get this programme to work.Also does it need to be customised for FS9 /FSX or is the FS9 profile setup for Nhancer ready to go.Many thanks and Best Regards,Chris

Guest triangle

ChrisA profile is a grouping of video settings that you can set to use for an individual program. nHancer ships with numerous existing profiles for current games and, when you run one of these programs, the settings are applied. You can edit these profiles (say, the one for FSX) to include the settings *you* want rather than the ones that nHancer ships with.As long as nhancer is running in your system tray, it is working and will apply the settings in a profile for whatever game you run. For FSX, I have craeted a custom profile that I manually activate whenever I run FSX - I then deactivate when I am done flying.The FS9 and FSX profiles are different - one for each ... as long as they are in the profile list in nHancer, it will apply the settings automatically when you launch either FS9 or FSX. You don;t need to 'do' anything - nHnacer just sees the executable being run and immediately applies the video settiings recorded in the profile.Hope this helps ....Andrew

Guest D17S

nHancer is simply a GUI for the standard Nvidia control panel. For instance, a user does not need to keep the Nvidia control panel on screen (or in a "tray") to allow those Vcard setting to remain in effect. The Nvidia control panel is a GUI that simplifies making changes to the operating system's registry. Once those changes are made, the interface (GUI) can be shut down. It has done its job. nHancer provides this same function. Once the nHancer GUI has been used to make registry changes, it can be completely shut down. nHancer used to provide some video card adjustments that were not available in the standard Nvidia control panel. Thus, it was able to N-hanse some vcard functions. However the current set of drivers have a fully functional set of adjustments these days. nHancer is no longer necessary to obtain this nHansement. So the best advise might be to just Dump It. It's more trouble than its worth.

I can't get the AA and AF functions to work in FS9 without the help of nHancer. I am not the only one with this problem. Do you have any suggestions?RH

Guest triangle

That is likely a driver problem - a bunch of Nvidia drivers failed with their AA implementation. For example, on my machine (and it is a clean, well maintained machine), I was unable to get AA functional in FSX without nHancer until the 175.16 driver set. Earlier driver sets had widespread AA failures ... you will need to do some forum research here and elsewhere to find advice about driver sets that work as you want them to. I don't like to bag Nvidia because I love their hardware but their driver implementations have become increasingly sloppy - it will be up to you to experiment (and use driver cleaner pro to erase old drivers) and find a set that works for you. Least, that's been my experience for many years now ...Andrew

I have the same problem, RH, and it's been the same for the last 3 releases of drivers. I don't know why nor do I care to waste any mre time than I already have trying to figure it out. I don't worry about it any more -- I let nHancer start with Windows, it sets the correct global settings I want automatically (my machine is FS9 dedicated), and I shut it down with my other non-essential services using FSAutoStart.

The last 3 releases have worked fine. Make sure you disassociate the FS9.exe file from the embedded profile, though and then make all your FS9 settings hat are outlined in the other threads here "global". Don't waste your time creating another profile.