Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

Question regarding installation on a new rig

This is not exactly pure Hardware question and therefore I have it also posted on the FS9 Forum and in addition on the PC/MAC forum.Next week i shall get a new rig. Hence my question: what is the best way to transfer FS9 from my old system to the new one. I have collected lots and lots of addons, freeware and payware over the past few years and want to avaoid to go throught the installing procedures again. For freeware this would be a to big a problem, but for payware with all the registration and license huzzle...Maybe a stupid idea: will it work if I just tranfer the hard drive from my old system to the new one? In my old sys I only had 1 HD, so I assume everything necessary should be on it. And the HD would be compatible with the new system.Any hints an tips are very welcome.Thanks in advanceWolfgang

Guest stabile007

Well if you are using the same OS as your old machine you can try just installing FS9 and the copying over the file with a copy of your old FS9 file. The only issue is with the payware. I would just reinstall them just to make sure all the registry entries get in the system.