Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rwy12

directx 10 download question?

HiI have got the xfx 8800 ultra graphic card that came with dx9.I have upgraded to window vista and would like to install dx10.The problem is I can not find a simple download site for dx10-the window download center offers so many options-It mentions something like the direct x development kit,direct x end-user runtimes......Could somebody please tell me which directx 10 I need and where to download it from.many thanks for the help.Qas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

DX10 isn't a separate download. It's a part of Vista. Install Vista and you get DX10. Updates of DX10 are available as any Vista update when you use Windows Update.Ulf B

Hi Ulf Bthanks for the help.I think I have installed dx 9 by mistake-is there a way to tell what dx I have on vista and if it's 9 how do I install 10 on it-would I have to re install vista again??Qas

No problem! If you install Vista, both DX10 and DX9 will be installed on your pc and they coexist just fine. There is absolute no problem with that. I run Vista and FSX using DX9. I've tested to use DX10 with FSX, but I prefer DX9. Others prefer to run FSX in the DX10 preview mode.Ulf BCore2Duo X6800 3.3GHz4GB RAM Corsair XMS2-8500C5BFG 8800GTX, Creative SB X-FiFSX Acc/SP2, Vista 32