Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest CyberNerd

Small sized graphics cards

Hi all, I recently bought a new pc and size is a bit of an issue so the biggest graphics card that will fit is around 7-8 inches long.I've measured up for an 8800 series, but it's a gnat's $*@? too big.FSX runs pretty well on the current system at around 30fps, but as soon as I introduce real world weather it starts to lag a little, let alone thinking about buying ASX, and when I pull my finger out and get some add ons, I think the performance will diminish even more.So my question is, does anyone know of a small sized GPU that packs a punch and also is it worth over clocking my CPU?My system is Q6600 2.4 Ghz, 2 Gb DDR2 (soon to be 4Gb) and an awful 256Mb 8400 Gs.Many thanks and all suggestions welcome.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hmmm...I crammed my 8800 into an mATX case. You might consider a bigger case. Not expensive,not hard, and you can get better cooling. Worth it for a better card.Bob

I did a paper mock up of the size and it definately wouldn't fit, I have consirdered getting a larger case, and it seems like it's the only option if I want a decent GPU.Cheers for getting back to me.

You're welcome. I got a bigger case because I wanted to get a full atx card with more pci slots. Plenty of room, and two extra fans.Bob