Sign in to follow this  
jackcnd

BUFFERPOOLS ... 10M or 100M

Phil Taylor mentioned using 4M - 10M for a bufferpools value, unless your video memory was over 512MB. With the GTX280 I'd guess you would double those values?Then I found Nicks post saying he runs 70M-100M?NickN - "FSX will only use 512MB of memory.. the rest goes to other things like bufferpools and the 2nd monitor however you do need to make sure to not go too high with that setting because you can start to see graphic 'spikes' like a video card memory is overclocked too much. I run 70000000 to 100000000 because I have a 768MB video card and can do that."Phils comments:http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/archive/2007...-week-or-2.aspx"So be careful here, making this smaller can hurt you, since searching for space takes time and can cause stutters, and making the number too large can waste space. 4-10m is probably the range to be thinking about using unless you have a very high memory graphics card ( >512 )"

Guest Nick_N

right now mine is set to {BUFFERPOOLs}Poolsize=80000000I have run 100 but also ran into a OOVM issue with certain scenery so I backed it down to 80 and thats where is sitsI dont see much use in being above 100and not all systems will work the same with that setting. Its not about textures its about geometry being bufferedI also run a TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70

Guest Nick_N

and I have set some systems up with a TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80I have always found its either 70 or 80 for the sweet-spot