Sign in to follow this  
Guest gasebah

Just a taste...

Close the curtains, turn out the lights and view this full screen.Can anyone can guess where this is? The roads and streets are mapped accurately, as are the towns 60nm to the north. The Cessna in the center of the screen is around 4900ft.If someone gets close I'll post another screen shot.EDIT:Please do not use images larger than 700 pixels in width... and, please place this in the screen shots forum, not this one. Thank you for your cooperation.

No idea of location, but it really is well defined on my 22" monitor! The crispness of the roads & lights look very good!L.Adamson

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Andrew,Would you please repost in the Screen Shots forum and then give us a reference here... something like http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID47 as an example. (Just copy and paste the short cut while you are in the screen shots forum after you have posted the image.)And don't be angry at Tom. He's paying the bills for bandwidth and bandwidth is not free! I'm eager to see your scenery image.Larry JonesFlorence, MT

Hi Larry,Sorry, can't repost it. I've just read the screen shot forum rules and it's not actually allowed. Perhaps in a couple of weeks. :-)(Oh yes, it was coming off our servers so it shouldn't affect Avims's bandwidth)

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Well darn it. So you can't post the URL here? I see lots of other URL's posted, elsewhere. I know the rules forbid bitmaps larger than a stated pixel size. Naturally, the larger they are, the more bandwidth required so I understand the need for the rule. But I can't see why you should be prevented from postting the URL here? The reason I am interested is because I am familiar with your work from my past interest in FLYI and FLYII. I thought your photo real scenery was excellent. Even did a few myself based on aerial photos with mixed results. [;-)Larry.

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Andrew:I think this is your site?http://www.sceneryusa.com/if so Boston looks pretty good. But how about a few shots (not zoomed) from about 500 ft AGL. If your scheme looks good at 500 ft, then your technique is certainly innovative and goes beyond what you have done in the past and would look better than "How in The World's" TerraScene FLY scenery. Also how much of a frame rate hit do you take when using your scenery vs. FS2002 default?I'm pretty happy with FSGenesis improved mesh but the roads and rivers ruin the effect. You can plainly see where the rivers should flow (water runs down hill!) but the rivers frequently don't follow the mesh channel. And the roads are sometimes precipitiously placed on the steep sides of mountains! (Not FSGenesis fault, BTW).Thanks for the preview (assuming that was yours!)Larry JonesFlorence, MT

Guest Lobaeux4

Looks very good, saw the pics on the link from the front page of AVSIM. One question. Are the autogen buildings still enabled?Lobaeux

Andrew -How does your scenery upgrade work with other sceneries already installed (and how much of the U.S. does it cover)?For example, does it work together with FS Genesis landclass scenery?Thanks, Steve J.

Guest nutmeat

Definitely the Boston area, USA. Will you be having other areas as well? And how well does it fit with the FS Geneses Scenery and terrain mesh? Pics on your site look terrific but beg for more info regarding availability, cost, and ordering. After loading the pics, none of the links were activated (56K Dialup).

Hey, looks great! Is it some kind of Fly's Terrascene? Looks very accurate.Alex

[a href=http://www.xs4all.nl/~alex4all" target="_blank]Click here for 360

This looks a lot like the VFR UK stuff. It looks fabulous until you get below about 2500' or so then starts to look pretty blurry and nondefined. Also there will be no autogen with this except buildings in large cities and on airports and some towers and maybe fuel tanks. I think its good though and it would be really nice to have a little taste of it..kind of a try before you buy maybe of a small section to see if you like it or not.Hornit

Guest gasebah

I agree with the first part. As long as noone finds a possibility to make it look good at low altitudes I do not like this way of modeling "VFR" scenery.Alex