Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

MS Sidewinder Force Feedback controller (W98SE)

I have an interesting problem with the hardware. I recently reinstalled the software drivers for the stick and in the past I would just stop the profile activator from loading as windows starts from the system configuation utility/startup after starting it from MSconfig. Well now after restart the item starts anyway. Do any of you good people know of another way to stop the driver from loading other than MSconfig. If indeed regedit is a way please let me know what the Hkey is because I just can not find it.

Hello Jack,In windows explorer go to 'c:WindowsStart MenuProgramsStartUp' and see if the utility is there. If it is, that's your problem. I thought MsConfig would have removed it but maybe not. I really don't think this is the problem but I guess it's worth a look. When it comes to the Registry I'm out of it.

Are you sure you need the driver software using Win98 or later. I thought you only needed the drivers if Win95. Have you tried uninstalling the driver software via the Windows Add/Remove Program menu in Control Panel?