Sign in to follow this  
rwremote

What is the paint program of choice ?

Hi,What is the recommended paint program for getting the best results ?I have all of Martin Wright's graphics utilities.I've not done any aircraft painting since FS2k, and my paint programs are looking rather ancient ! :-roll Is it worth getting the latest version of PSP, Photo_Impact or Photoshop ? Is there another program that I should use ?Thanks for your help.Bob

Guest NealT

I just toy around with it...have not published any yet...My choice is Photoshop...but I think Garry Smith (a painter extraordinnaire) I think uses PSP...I think that it is up to you...whatever you are comfortable with...

Guest cfryan

HiMost painters are using either PaintShop Pro versions 6, 7 & 8 or Adobe Photoshop CS v8.Both are superb programs, albeit that Photoshop is expensive.Gus

Guest sammn2002

I actually use Adobe Photoshop Elements! For me, it Rocks! It does everything i need it to. The only thing it doesnt do, that i need it to is create layer sets, so all my masters have like 100 plus layers before i merge them down into groups.

I use Paintshop Pro for painting as well as other graphics work (online, print). I like the price and the ability to have both vector and raster graphics in the same file.Even if your tools are a little old (I'm using PSP 7), as long as it has the "basics" (layers, gradients, masks, non-rectangular selections, etc.), you'll be fine. Knowing your tool well is more important than having a gazillion esoteric features.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)[table border=2" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1][tr][td][table border=0" cellpadding="8" cellspacing="0][tr][td bgcolor=#6f0000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align=center" bgcolor="#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/index_NewRecruits.html]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table

Guest dths30

Heh, yea most of us use either PSP or Photoshop.. :)Talking about elements, I think it doesn't include the pen tool for curves.. that's a pretty basic and very helpful tool. :)

Many thanks for the information people, most helpful.In fact it has saved me some money as I found I've got PSP 7 installed :-) So, its off read the books on painting for 2k2 . . .Cheers for the help :-wave Bob

Guest Holliday

I use Photoshop CS. I never use the pen tool when I repaint. I use FS Repaint as a 3D viewer and DXTBmp to convert textures.Ed Knapp.

Guest cfryan

Hi Andre...whats Fireworks MX?Gus

Guest jon_151

I use Adobe Photoshop CS and I think it's great! I've been using Photoshop from the very first day fiddling around with graphic designing, it was 5 years ago :(