Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

XP and TI4200 SETTINGS ??

Howdy............Could you let me know what you have set the NVIDIA TI4200 settings at in WINDOWS XP....not the FS settings but the DISPALY settings in XP.....RE: 1PERFORMANCE2.DIRECT 3D3.REFRESH RATE4OPEN GLAny info muchly appreciated....and experiencing some studdering of ground textures with some aircraft even tho the frame rates are 19 to 28 FPS ??ThanksJimTucson

I can't get to my settings since I am using WinXP Pro and am on my user's side vice Administrator's side. However, I just installed an MSI GeForce 4200 Ti 128MB. I didn't adjust any of the default's except the Windows refresh rate to 85Hz. Of course, this is monitor dependent, check your monitor specs and try running as high as you can without overstressing your monitor.

Jim - I leave the Performance slider at Balanced as I see no difference with any setting and I don't know exactly what it does anyway. I usually run the screen resolution at 1280x960x32 with the anisotropic filtering set to 4X and 2X antialiasing. My refresh rate is set to 100 HZ which is the maximum for the monitor at the given screen resolution. The Open GL settings have no effect as FS2002 is Direct3D. These seem to work well for me but, as all mileage is variable, it never hurts to play around some.DougNorthwood 2.2a at 2.508Ghz Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC80064MB Gainward GF4 Ti420042.01 Drivers with WinXP ProInwin ATX and Enermax 431W PSU

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.