Sign in to follow this  

Un-finished pictures with a good framerate

I have unfinished pictures of the scenery while the framerate is something like 20. So, I use slew(Y) to prove the point: move the aircraft(8)with an good speed of says 200kts or above and then stop (5) It takes up to a minute before the view settles while the frame rate is about 20. What is the point of having a good framerate if the picture is not even complete. Or am I on the wrong track .... ?

1. Slew mode is not an accurate method of testing your settings. You could lock at 1 and do your test and your results would be the same. Your computer and graphics card need time to "catch up."2. Test in normal flight mode until you find your best rate lock.3. Framerate is different than how clear your picture is.I hope this is what you were asking!

edited due to spelling.That scenery blurs when slewing with high speed is only natural!An example:When you stay at Meigs airport and then select "Chicago Midway" from the "select airport" menue, it will take about one minute or even more, till all the scenery, AI etc. is loaded into your machine and you are finally placed at Midway, which is only a few miles away from Meigs. (I actually think it will even last for a minute, when you change your position from Meigs rwy 36 to Meigs rwy 18 via the "select airport" menue).Now, why does everybody accept the above, but at the same time expects the scenery not to blur when changing position by slewing?You must allow the sim the same amount of time for rendering a new scenery, no matter if you change the position via the "select airport" menue or by slewing.Wolfgang

I understand what you are saying and accept ofcourse that a new scenery has to be build Then the picture needs time to get stable before the sim even starts ....! My argument or question is when you fly with an speed of 500Kts how do you know that each of the 20 pictures of the 20 FPS is even up to date. I am at the moment at a point that it seems that allthough I get 20 frames a second by pressing ctl-Z perhaps I get only half the information as it goes too fast like in the slew example. Should I not get then perhaps 1 or 2 FPS of ready pictures ... forcing me to do something with the sliders.