Sign in to follow this  
Guest LonelyplanetXO

Eaglesoft Beech/Raytheon Bizjets

I've noticed the past few days there's been some posts showing some upcoming Bizjets--the Premier and the 400A. They look awesome, and since the posts were made in the screenshots and A/C design forum, vs. the commercial forum, I believe many have assumed they will be freeware. After a visit to Flight1's forums, I noticed a blurb that Eaglesoft will be published by Flight1. Here's a link to the thread where that is mentioned--note the blurb above the some of the Beechjet screenshots:http://www.simforums.com/forums/display_to...&PagePosition=1And here's a link to the thread in Avsim's screenshots forum:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...ewmode=threadedAnd another link in the A/C design forum (one response to one of my questions uses the phrase, "purchase time"--my first hint that the projects could be payware)http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID9This raises two questions--is it alright for members of commercial enterprises to post shots of upcoming ventures outside of the commercial forums? Second, should Avsim require such posts to clearly indicate something is going to be payware?I've certainly paid for deserving payware, but I hate seeing payware enterprises sending their team members into our general forums spinning up hype for upcoming projects--it could easily become a free-for-all. I think it's bad form, which is not saying that this isn't news. The aircraft do look great, but I think they should be presented as upcoming payware in the forums meant for such communication, in fairness to keeping our general forums from becoming sources of advertising for such ventures. And I am certainly not opposed to forum members not associated with these ventures coming in and posting such news or links. Am I out of line in asking this?-John

No, you're not out of line! I assumed they were going to be freeware.

So there not freeware!! x( I wanted to see some nice freeware corporate jets... :( I guess it is too much to ask... :-( Cpudan80 :( :(

Guest Moghdad

It is too much, when you see how fantastic that Beech jet looks. If we want aircraft of such high quality we will have to pay for them.I'm happy to see these shots posted. I am looking forward to buying it.

Guest Milio_B

"If we want aircraft of such high quality we will have to pay for them."I disagree.I can name at least 10 planes out there that look as good as those in the exterior and that are freeware.

not Gmax corporate jets, Ill tell ya that. Corporate aviation has been such a distant second to the 10th rendition of a 747 in past MSFS years its not even funny. I quickly forked over the dough for Abacus' CP, and I will do so to any developer who can give me a corporate jet with reversers and a full, clear VC. Yes, there are plenty of aircraft out there that are as good of quality that are freeware, but not in the realm of corporate aviation.Craig

"....when you see how fantastic that Beech jet looks. If we want aircraft of such high quality we will have to pay for them...."I wouldn't have any problem paying for such aircraft, if they include all the goodies we've come to expect, which I believe they will. My concern is that it's a big "no no" for the authors themselves to come in and post such previews in these forums for payware. It's an even bigger offense to not state right off the mark that it's a payware product. Other developers have had to pay the consequences for hyping their payware products here. These developers just seem to be trying to drum up business. Let them do it on their own site. If the product's good, our forum members will write about it. IMHO, Avsim should seek compensation for their use of these forums to hype a product. If Flight1 is associated with the project, my respect for them has slid a notch. Word of mouth has always sold their projects before. These posts weren't word of mouth. They were a tease, and free press.

Guest LonelyplanetXO

I agree that using the forums to generate interest in a product without declaring it to be payware is misleading and poor form.Given that avsim and others have seperate forums for promoting such products, perhaps commercial guys should be restricted in what they can post in the general forums? For example, simply posting a subject header and link to a more comprehensive post in the commercial forum would make it clear that we are looking at a commercial plug, but still allow the developer to promote his/her wares.LonelyplanetXO