Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mike20

geforce2pro ultra 64 meg

Guest Mike20

Hi could any one tell me what the best driver for the above card would be I lost the lot when my hard drive crashed and I can not for the life of me remember what driver I was using thanks for any help you can give regards Michael

Any of the Detonator 3 starting with the 21xx series should work well, but so will the newest drivers. I suggest trying the 30.82 drivers. These are Detonator 4 driveers but they are very stable drivers and should work well with your GeForce 2. nVidia drivers are backwards compatible and will work even with the older Vanta boards. In my experience it really doesn't make too much difference if your system itself is stable, the drivers usually make little or no differnece. That is in my opinion only. Of course having said that be aware, I am always trying newer drivers, mostly for the fun of it. :DPS As Doug states below, the 1241 were thought to be the best and most stable drivers I had forgotten abut them :)

If you want the older "made for the GF2" drivers I'd use either the 12.41's or the 12.90's. I think the 12.41's are, overall, the best driver version ever for a GF2. Or, if you want the newer drivers I'd use either the 30.82's or the 42.01's. Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest RobA

I have the same card and am still using the 1241 drivers. I've tried some of the newer ones but the 1241 drivers seem to work the best for me.Rob

Guest Mike20

Many Thanks to all for getting me up and running I have put on the 3082 the only thing that comes up in directx diag is it says the file nvdisp.drv is not digitally signed will this matter many thanks and kind regards to all Michael