Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Flight1: What's up? What's down?

For the past few hours, I have not been able to get through to the Flight1 website. Is it down? Is it being overloaded because the Meridian is up? Does anyone know?

Hi Martin,it seems like that. Maybe the server is not available cause they are in process to upload these dream baby MERIDIANI will hope so and try it further every minute.ByeStefan

OK, thanks! just wanted to make sure it wasn't my browser or ISP...I hope it IS the Meridian being made available, although somehow I doubt it since I haven't seen any announcements or reactions, neither here (usually first with news) nor there...or on the Reality XP site.But I'll keep checking too!

I believe they're also in the process of a major website update. Could be they had to take the server down a bit for that.

Well, I just noticed Dutch TV teletext news service reporting severe virus problems 'paralyzing the internet'-A new worm is invading Windows-based servers, particularly in Asia.I've noticed other sites going down, including Phoenix.

yes, VATSIM is also in trouble.Servers all over the world are dropping like flies. Heard from one webmaster he was under severe DDOS attack earlier today without apparent reason.

Guest Matt Johnson

This MS SQL Server worm seems to be pretty nasty. We (as in AVSIM) got clobbered at about 0700Z this morning (our entire subnet died, it seems) but things seem to have calmed down now.However both I and other network admins in Europe and the US are continuing to see major backbone problems, high packet loss and random network outages, with all manner of weird and wonderful (and LOTS of asymmetric) routes being published in BGP.Now you know why the Chinese saying "May you live in interesting times" is a curse... :)--M

Here's the story on this... http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/01/2...tack/index.html I couldn't get into a bunch of sites last night including AVSIM and Flight1 - I also initialy thought it must be the Meridian release, but after seeing that I coudn't get into more sites and watching my Diablo II game lag out, I figured something was going down...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com