Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

Multiplayer connection problem-Linksys router BEFSR41

I recently downloaded a firmware update for my Linksys Router Model BEFSR41 and am now unable to connect to a Multiplayer session. I was on the phone with Linksys for an hour and they sent me a different firmware version and after installing I still cannot connect to a multiplayer session.If I bypass the router and connect the cable modem directly to my PC I am able to connect to multiplayer with no problem.I realize that there must be a setting in the router configuration that is set wrong but am unable to determine what it is.I have DMZ host enabled.I am running WinXP home.Any help would be appreciated.Thank you,Craig Evansftd1949@cox.net

HmmmmSounds like you have a network firewall up.Check your network settings as well as any apps that you may have zonealarm etc.

I am running 3 pc's behind the Linksys BEFSR41 with no problems connecting to vatsim or ZONE. One thing you may want to check is that you have the latest firmware for the router, UPNP is enables on the router and you have installed the UPNP from Windows XP setup. If you need assistance setting up UPNP email me.I would be very leary about leaving any pc up for extened periods as the DMZ pc.Kevin kconlon1@rochester.rr.com

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

I resolved the problem by simply resetting to factory defaults and going in and enabling DMZ hostThanks for the responses.