Sign in to follow this  
enyap

Another nice touch and a problem

I thought I'd try failing an engine at Mach 2, and it does indeed bank away from the dead engine as it should. Terrific. One slight problem, I'm getting no readout of the wind on the INS, just zeros. Should this be working?John

Guest bibendum

i have no information about direction/velocity of wind on INS.

Guest Phoenix_7

the wind dir/velocity will work with default FS weather, FSMeteo or Active Skyit will only show when ground speed is above 100 ktsJohn PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Just to add that I also get only zeroes using AS2004. Shift+z shows proper wind values e.g. 345/78 at high altitude. I usually load the Cold&Dark tutorial situation, then change the weather setting to the recommended for AS2004 (clear skies and no changes) and then boot AS2004.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest dirk1000

Hi John,My experience with the INS Wind Speed indication is this:Good and consistent wind indication when speed is Subsonic, but when increases and reach Transonic speed, INS Wind Speed becomes zero (speed & direction). In the back way, decelerating to Subsonic speed, INS Wind Speed indication are back again. Thanks in advance for any comments.Regards.Dirk Trotteyn (SANT)

Guest jumpjet

I noticed this too, I was already supersonic when I checked the wind speed, and it was all zero's (using AS2004.5).I'll have to check this again on my next flight when subsonic.Graham

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.