Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

How do I start from EGLL or KJFK?

I have tried in vain to find information on saving flights - I can find nothing in the manual or the tutorial, and little on the forum. Maybe I am going blind?Assuming not, can anyone say how I proceed if I want to start up a flight at an airport other than Paris CDG? For instance, how do I set up a flight to start at Heathrow, with the BA Concorde? I tried opening PSSConcorde_2.flt (I generally start a flight at the 'ready for engine start' now) and then through FS9 moving to a gate at EGLL; but the panel state is not saved - all the engine starter switches (just one example) are switched to 'on', simply from moving to a different airport and I can't start the engines.I am fairly familiar with the contents of .flt files, so opened up a copy of the PSSConcorde_2.flt file and changed the location and flight plan data manually, so that I get the BA a/c at a gate at Heathrow. Again, although the right plane starts up in the right place and the new flight plan is announced by ATC, all the panels are messed up and I can't get the engines started.I think I must be going about this in the wrong way and would really appreciate some help - either a link to where I'd find the answer if I missed it, or an explanation of how I do this. I'm stuck in Paris for startups till thenMany thanks,Martin

Hi Martin,There is no need for you do want you just did with editing files etc,Just load the aircraft at Heathrow make sure the engines are runing on your default aircraft before loading the Concorde. Then use what ever flight planner you use . I use the microsoft one that comes with Fs9. Then go and Fly your flight I just used EGLL as an examplebut before you do that make sure you have flown the flight that comes with the concorde. And take the time to read the manual youwon`t regret doing it. As a matter of fact you will not enjoy thisAircraft without doing it. I hope this helps you. Cheers Greg YSSY

Hi Greg. What I wanted was to save a flight so that I can load up BA Concorde, at 'ready for engine start' state, at Heathrow Gate 416 every time I run that particular flight. (I have hundreds of saved flights, and 90% of my IFR flying is through simply clicking a shortcut to one of my .pln files). After three days of trying various methods, from straight forward to over-complicated (editing the flt files and saving under a different name, as I explained above), I finally managed to do it. It meant opening the default PPSConcorde_2.flt file in FS and then slewing the plane all the way across to the gate at Heathrow. I then changed to the BA a/c and edited the PSS flight plan for an EGLL departure, again saving that under a new name. Loaded up the new flight plan and then saved the flight. I found (ood this) that the name under which the flight is saved is vital. For instance, my original name, PSSConcorde_2_EGLL.fln, never saved the panel properly. Saving as PSS2a.flt works fine. This is an anomaly I don't pretend to understand!!Amazingly, it all seemed to work anyway. The problem with all the other methods I tried was that, when I exited FS9 and then tried to run the flight again, all the switches were in an entirely different position to how I had saved them. As above, the flight loads correctly each time. So far, anyway!As I write this, I am about half-way from EGLL to KJFK (on my FS PC), at Mach 2 and 58,000' in the BA aircraft. So all seems well.Thanks,Martin

" ...my original name, PSSConcorde_2_EGLL.fln ..."That's PSSConcorde_2_EGLL.flt, of course.

Hi Martin,Glad to hear that your airbourne with the Concorde, Anyway the saved flights that are causing you some problems, It is pretty well documented through the forum. That when they they patched the Concorde and then the patch that microsoft released for FS9 well affected the saved flights in the Concorde. I can understand thatits causing you some problems. I find that when i start a saved flight and I can only speak about in flight saved flights when timedoesnt permit me to finish my flight it works well, I usuallyhave to just reconect the autopilot and i can continue my flightHaving said that i think its a very small problem to deal withwhen you get to fly such a great aircraft in flightsim. I hope this helps you out a little more Martin. Cheers Greg YSSY

Sorry for the long delay in replying.I managed to save flights by slewing the planes around - I only have four flights saved (as. .flt files), Heathrow to JFK, CDG to JFK and their returns. They work fine, and they are the only routes I use for the PSS Concorde, so all is well. It took a lot of patience to set them up so that the panels opened correctly each time (ready for engine start-up) though!M. :-)

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.