Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

Add-on Liveries Dash 8

Guest Phoenix_7

just tried Air Dolomiti and it worked finecreate a folder in AircraftPSS Dash8call it texture.dolomiticopy the content of texture.house to this foldercopy the file from the useredit called dash8_t to texture.dolomitiadd this section to your aircraft.cfg file[fltsim.x] <<==change to next numbertitle=PSS Dash 8 300 Air Dolomitiui_variation=PSS Dash 8 300 Air Dolomitisim=Dash8-300ui_type=DHC-8-300sound=model=300panel=300texture=dolomitikb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id_color=0xffffffffffatc_id=OELTNui_manufacturer=Bombardier (DeHavilland Canada)description=PSS DHC 8-300nnFDE 2.0njohd@zeelandnet.nlnnCOPYRIGHTS BY PSS 2002 ©nnSEE MANUAL FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS.John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/phoenix.jpg

Thanks for your help, John. That's essentially what I had done, but I did go back and do it from scratch but with the same results: the house textures load fine, but the add-ons don't. Not really a serious problem, and I don't want to waste your time with it. I'll keep playing around with it and will eventually stumble on the problem.Ed GreenKCLThttp://www.panelshop.com/DEV.jpghttp://www.globecargo.org/images/VAA_Sen_captain.jpg

Guest sk8z27

I seem to be having this same problem. I have fs9 and performed the installation per instructions. copied the .bmp files into folder named texture.??? and copied and pasted the cfg portion and added it to the .cfg file changing the number in sequence. Out of four repaints that I added, only the SAS worked. I've tried the united, great lakes, and air alps. Don't know what I'm doing wrong, everything was done by the numbers. The only difference is that I had to open up the cfg file in notepad, but don't think that should matter. thanks,RichK

Guest Phoenix_7

just tried the Grat Lakes livery and all worked okgo to the PSS Dash 8 foldermake a copy of the folder texture.pssrename it texture.glcopy the 1 file in the Great Lakes user edit to texture.gledit aircraft.cfg as follows[fltsim.2]title=PSS Dash 8 300 Great Lakesui_variation=PSS Dash 8 300 sim=Dash8-300ui_type=DHC-8-300sound=model=300panel=300texture=glkb_checklists=kb_reference=atc_id_color=0xffffffffffatc_id=OELTNui_manufacturer=Bombardier (DeHavilland Canada)description=PSS DHC 8-300nnFDE 2.0njohd@zeelandnet.nlnnCOPYRIGHTS BY PSS 2002 ©nnSEE MANUAL FOR DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS.John PSS SUPPORTsupport@phoenix-simulation.co.ukhttp://www.avsim.com/pss/conc2004.jpg

Guest sk8z27

i'm just finding out that these are not as easy as cut and paste. there is a little bit of tweaking to do, but i've now got about four of the repaints to show up. for instance, the united plane showed up in the learjet bombardier folder because it needed (dehavilland canada) in the ui_manufacturer portion of the text, but anyways, it's just taking a little tweaking, but i'm getting them one by one.rich

Guest ameuro

I've had some problems but with only two repaints, JAL and Air Ontario. This is what I noticed after looking at these for a loooong time. I gave up on the JAL one and concentrated on Air Ontario. No way. No matter what I did. Then, I noticed there was a spelling mistake in the JAL entry. I guess I hit a key after the paste and [fltsim.6] was spelled [flitsim.6]. Corrrected JAL and it showed up and so did Air Ontario. Air Ontario was right all along but because it was number 7 in the list, FS2004 didn't go any further than number 6... I guess. Anyhow, they both show up now!!!

Horizon, Aloha-Island air and America West are the only ones that I have trouble with, and I would like to think of myself as well-versed in the art of adding repaints to aircraft.cfg files.

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.