Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

2 Major Problems With Dash 8

1) What is the correct take-off trim? Leaving it at the default means the airplane drops like a stone after take off. Where approximately on the white stripe does the trim need to be set? 2) I've changed -as per posts here- the cruise_lift scalar to 2,000 in the aircraft cfg. I'm still getting an abnormal nose pitch up during approach and landing (gear down, airspeed at 120 knots, flaps 15).Any ideas or suggestions?ricardo

1) I suppose in the real manual there would be a table for this. It's not such sophisticated, the PSS bird, so I guess it's trial and error here...2) Experienced this as well. Tried to change the flaps lift parameters in the air file without much noticable effect. Maybe if I move CG backwards?I have another one: this Dash-8 is the only bird I have which shows some kind of ground effect; i.e. i can descend around 1000', above the plane reduces this rate almost by itself when close to the surface, thus floating and slowly settling onto the runway. Pulling up the nose a bit for a "manual float" easily results in a climb. Strange...Andreas

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.