Sign in to follow this  
jd

Flight Planner & ATC

Hi All, When using the default flight planner on 2K2 is it possible to assign altitudes for diffent way points so that a stepped climb can be instructed by ATC? If it is not possible is ther any addon flight plan creator that i could use to fufill this and then migrate the plan into 2K2 so that ATC can command a stepped climbout?CheersDaren

Guest GabrielR

Hi Sir.Default Planner: There is no possible way to assign different altitudes to waypoints.Even tough you get an add on planner that can do that, Ms ATC will only assign one altitude, the one you filed as cruise altitude.I think what you need is an ATC add on: Radar Contact is capable to do this.

Not to my knowledge, but there is a work around for that. When FS ATC hands you off to the next controller acknowledge the hand off and press "1" only once, not twice. This puts you between controllers and allows you to perform step climbs. When you have completed your climb hit "1" to contact the next controller. You will be handed off to several controllers in rapid succession until you reach the appropriate center.I don't use this method, but it was shown to me several months ago. You may need to experiment a few times to get it right.As far as addons are concerned, Radio Contact 3 allows for step climbs, altitude changes, alternate airports, etc and can work in conjunction with FS ATC. I suggest reading reviews of RC3 to get a better idea of the product. There are reviews at AVSIM and Flightsim.com.Joe