Sign in to follow this  
Guest chiropodist

FS2004 slow frame rates

Guest chiropodist

I have just loaded A340 addon to fs2004. I have the fs2004 upgrade and have checked for viruses and spyware with none present. Before the addon aircraft, I was getting high frame rates 50fps plus on a Geforce2 and smooth graphics. But now the frame rates are less and when changing views the redraw rate has decreased.This is now spoiling my flying simmulation. Has anyone any ideas or have the same problem. I have XP pro with SP2.

Guest Skywalker

If you are getting less frames while sitting in the PSS A340 it is absolutely normal. Due to the complexity of this sophisticated addon aircraft lower frame rates are expected. If you have a default aircraft loaded higher frames rates should come back. Hence, a GF2 card seems to be very limited to me. Prices on newer cards came down dramatically so I'd recommend to upgrade to a FX5950U (GF4). You'll get reasonable results again.Rgds, Sam

Guest acva076

Have GeForce4, P2.8, XP with SP2. Had the same problem. I uninstalled the latest NVidia drivers, and allowed Windows Update to install an old July 28 2003 Version of the driver. It worked !!I am not sure but I think the new NVidia drivers are having compatability issues with SP2. Correct me if I am wrong. I certainly don't wish to misguide people.Jana

Guest Skywalker

From what I experienced I have to confirm that! SP2 might not effect all previous drivers though. I solved the problem by simply de- and reinstalling the same driver. (Latest version 61.77)Rgds, Sam

>I have just loaded A340 addon to fs2004. I have the fs2004>upgrade and have checked for viruses and spyware with none>present. Before the addon aircraft, I was getting high frame>rates 50fps plus on a Geforce2 and smooth graphics. But now>the frame rates are less and when changing views the redraw>rate has decreased.This is now spoiling my flying simmulation.>Has anyone any ideas or have the same problem. I have XP pro>with SP2. Hi Do you fly with the 2D cockpit or VC ? if you fly with the 2D then try going into the FS options and turn down the VC gauge detail to low , this has helped me . Rich

ugcx_banner.png

I think a lot of folks have trouble with some newer nVidia drivers because they don't completely uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones. For me, that means running the nVidia uninstaller, then rebooting into safe mode, running "Driver Cleaner" while in safe mode to remove all the remaining bits and pieces from the registry and system folders, then rebooting and installing new drivers (answering NO to XP's request to go foraging about on the internet in search of some old drivers on the MS site).I'm using the nVidia 66.93 drivers here, which are the latest WHQL certed drivers on the nVidia site.RegardsBob ScottATP IMEL Gulfstream II-III-IV-V L-300Washington, DC

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.