Sign in to follow this  
Iain Sealey

Calculating Flap 2 and 3 takeoff speeds

Hi,I've been using the PSS A32X and A330/A340 Packages since there inital releases, but I can never make the MCDU/FMGS produce flap 2 or flap 3 takeoff speeds, thru my VA I've managed to get a .pdf with speeds for the A320, however not the A330 or A340. But my question is why won't the MCDU/FMGS Produce these speeds.Thanks

Guest Peter Wobig

Hi Iain,can't answer your question directly, but have been faced the same problem. (beside, that the computed flap1-speeds seem to be a little high).The solution is a very,very little but tricky gadget, that does the whole work for you: calculate the speeds, the flex temp and the trim setting depending on weight, runwy length, temperature and rwy surface condition.This tool is by Roland Wukovits, an Austrian RL Airbus Cpt. who used (but simplified) real Airbus data for this tool.You can download it for free on the website of Flightxpress, which is the german flightsimulation magazine.---> www.flightxpress.deAs the site is in german, here's the description to find it:Go to the download section, choose issue no. 51, scroll down to the "Sonstiges: Performance Tool" headline and click on the TPC.exefile to start download. Here you are.Enjoy it (and a big thanks to Roland for creating this tool)GreetingsPeter

Guest vrandar

Peter, I have tested the tool and it is very useful but I do have one or two issues, primarily with the flex temp it generates which doesn't seem right and is often too high. Most airlines don't allow a flex greater than 60 degrees C or ISA+45 at msl but the tool will happily go above this. I wish I could get access to the source code to see what parameters he is using but that is probably too much to ask. I would love to be able to develop this tool a bit further.Iain, we have discussed the vspeed charts issue elsewhere. I have no further info I'm afraid but will speak to Airbus again directly.

Hi PeterThanks this is GREAT, just what we needed.CheersJannier

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Guest Peter Wobig

@ RobHi Rob,you might be right with the high flex temp calculation, but I'm sorry, I'm just a normal user of this tool.You should get in touch with Roland Wukovits, the author.Just send an email to the editorial department of Flightxpress Magazine.---> redaktion@flightxpress.de Don't hesitate to write in english. I'm sure, they will help you in any matter.Greetings from BerlinPeter

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.